Re: [AD] [TODO] graphics mode selector

At 15:46 10/08/01 +1000, Peter Wang wrote:

>> The main idea is to make a full-featured setup program that can be bundled
>> with (or included within) games and really serves as a central
configuration
>> tool that communicates with the game through the allegro.cfg file. We could
>> make it a little more nice-looking (switching to 640x480 on platforms that
>> support it for example).
>
>... and preferring windowed modes over fullscreen modes.

No, please don't do that! If I allow Allegro to pick a windowed driver, it
picks the DirectX overlayed driver which doesn't work for me.
IMHO, the setup program should use GFX_SAVE and not care about
windowed/full-screen, even if a windowed mode setup utility is cutomary.

I do agree that the setup utility could be run in 640x480, btw. In fact, in
the programs in which I've embedded it, it already runs in 640x480, so this
should be an easy patch.

I also think it would make sense to allow the user to select bot a windowed
and full-screen driver via the setup program.

Evert