Re: [AD] allegro and MSVC (single-threaded, multithreaded and multithreaded dll)

<> so, to the point, i would like to either:
<> 1) make allegro compile 3 dll and static versions (ML, MT and MD) so they
<> can be used by any MSVC program, no matter what C lib they select
<>
<> i would like that one, but i bet a lot of you won't like so much versions
=)
<> or at least:
<> 2) change MSVC compiling to use /MD parameter (like mingw32) instead of
<> /MT one
<> comments?

<I know that I would prefer the second option, personally.  But that is just
<me...  With a DLL, if you run mutiple copies of allegro programs at the
<same time (which I do sometimes), the CRT code is shared.  Also I think it
<would cut down on the EXE size.

<But, is the MSVCRT.dll common on all user's computers?  If not, then maybe
</MT is a better idea.  I don't know because I've always have had MSVC
<installed.

well, from mingw site (www.mingw.org):
"At the basic level, MinGW is a set of include files and import libraries
that allow a console-mode program to use Microsoft's standard C runtime
library MSVCRT.DLL (available on all NT systems, and on all stock Win9x
after the original Windows 95 release (for which it can be installed
separately))."

So i guess it is pretty safe, and in anyway it can be get in many ways and
comes
with a lot of programs (for example Internet Explorer i think)