Re: [AD] Color convertors

Eric Botcazou wrote:
[snip]
Confirmed. It also crashes here under very specific circumstances.

The code has got a very little flaw I never detected before

Actually the flaw was still there even after your fix. It only showed itself in the BeOS port though. The new convertors (which have just been committed by Angello) fix this, and also add support for other nice features.

There's now a 16 -> 15 and 15 -> 16 convertor, xx ->8 convertors, 8->8 lut, two additional MMX ones (32->24 and 24->32), 5% speed up on some of the convertors, and probably some other stuff I forgot about. The xx ->8 ones are very slow (recommendations on speed it up are welcome!) There are also dummy 15->15, 16->16, 24->24, 32->32 "convertors" which are implemented via a super fast memcpy :)

The width-must-be-multiple-of-4 is also rendered useless - the convertors will happily take anything you care to send to them :)

The Windows, X and Qnx (Mac?) drivers will need updating though. The BeOS driver was already taken care of by Angello.

--
- Robert J Ohannessian
"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (my CS prof)