Re: namespace collision (was: multithreaded callbacks (was Re: [AD] de fourium pointium ohium))

>Perhaps this could be done for the whole API. There would be a a #define
>(#define ALLEGRO_API ?) that would prefix all the Allegro functions and
>variables with allegro_.
>A note could then be placed in the FAQ about what to do in case there is a
>namespace collision.

I wholeheartedly agree :-)

Allegro's namespace pollution is not something I like. I would recommend
prefixing everything with `al_' (or `_al_', `AL_' or `_AL', depending on
context). We could change the definitions of AL_METHOD, AL_VAR, etc. if
ALLEGRO_NAMESPACE is defined, to automate this.

We could also provide an "allegro4.h" header file, which would simply
be:

#define ALLEGRO_NAMESPACE
#include "allegro.h"

And then tell everybody to use allegro4.h :-)

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx
                http://www.lwithers.demon.co.uk/