Re: [AD] trying to make allegro compatible with MFC

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 11:32:00PM +0200, Javier González wrote:
> what i really meant is that it is not bad for allegro to have it defined or
> not and since
> this is an optional parameter, i think it should be removed of winalleg.h
> since the user
> can always do
> #include <allegro.h>
> #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
> #include <winalleg.h>
>
> but if you let it in, you have no option

Correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAICS most people using winalleg.h
don't want all of the Windows API -- they probably don't want
any more than is necessary to parse the rest of winalleg.h.  So
IMHO it would make more sense to have the default be defining
WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN, and let the user disable this with another
define...  e.g. in winalleg.h:

    #ifndef ALLEGRO_WIN32_FAT_AND_UGLY
    #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
    #endif