Re: [AD] trying to make allegro compatible with MFC

> On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 11:32:00PM +0200, Javier González wrote:
> > what i really meant is that it is not bad for allegro to have it defined
or
> > not and since
> > this is an optional parameter, i think it should be removed of
winalleg.h
> > since the user
> > can always do
> > #include <allegro.h>
> > #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
> > #include <winalleg.h>
> >
> > but if you let it in, you have no option
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAICS most people using winalleg.h
> don't want all of the Windows API -- they probably don't want
> any more than is necessary to parse the rest of winalleg.h.  So
> IMHO it would make more sense to have the default be defining
> WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN, and let the user disable this with another
> define...  e.g. in winalleg.h:
>
>     #ifndef ALLEGRO_WIN32_FAT_AND_UGLY
>     #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
>     #endif
>     #include <windows.h>

but I think using winalleg.h as people would use windows.h is better
they are too much defines to make the same thing, and in anyway the
compilation
time doesn't vary that much

well, that's my humble oppinion, it may change from person to person =)