[AD] packaging trouble

Hello Allegro Developers,

I have serious problems packaging Allegro for Debian. Two issues:

- The shared library seems to contain non-PIC code, compiled with
  --enable-asm=no or --enable-asm=yes. This is a clear RC bug, so the
  package will be dropped before the next Debian release.

- Misscompilation of applications using the shared lib when using
  gcc-3.0. I reported this a while ago to the AL list. I don't think
  this is a bug in gcc and assume the non-PIC-problem to be the reason
  for the breakage.

It is unthinkable to link everything with the static library because
of the data size, so I will be forced to release Allegro with the
minimalistic set of tools.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
I am Stefan Raab of Borg. You will listen to Wadde Hadde Dudeda. Good
songs are futile.