Re: [AD] dll binary compatibility maintenance.

> it's in CVS now. if you have a better idea, then i'd be interested to hear
> about it. i think it is better to have the removed symbols in
> src/win/compat.c since it is only needed for windows and there's a
> dll_error() function for handling cases where a program calls a removed
> function instead of just pretending everything is ok.

Again I don't see the benefit: WIP versions are not meant to be binary
compatible so why to bother with a WIP-specific mechanism to handle that ?
And for official versions there is the "no remove" rule.

> it works, i did test it before i committed it of course.

Damn it ! You're right :-)
It works with the new fixdll.sh script, not with the old one I was thinking
of.

> IMHO allegro programmers should be free to change around the internals
> any way they like but be careful when it comes to do API changes.

I don't think so: I think the "no remove" rule must also apply to
platform-independent internals because so many add-ons depend upon them.

-Eric