[AD] Win32 Joystick driver contrubution (fwd)

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
 Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 13:31:50 +0200 (MEST)
 From: Johan Peitz <d98peitz@xxxxxxxxxx>
 To: conductors@xxxxxxxxxx
 Subject: Win32 Joystick driver contrubution

 Hello Allegators.

 The allegro wjoyw32.c joystick driver is not very functional. It does not
 work with joysticks with more than 2 axes and the hat-code (POV) can only
 detect 4 directions (no diagonals). I noticed this when trying to get my
 MS Sidewinder Precision 2 (3 axes + throttle and POV) to work with
 Allegro.

 I have now fixed several bugs in wjoyw32.c and added 8-way POV-detection.
 I have tested my driver with both a 6 button gamepad and the
 SideWinder. They both work fine, but I have not tested any other
 joysticks.

 My fixes are probably pretty general and still backward compatible, but as
 mentioned before, I cannot confirm this.

 I have attatched a diff-file between wjoyw32.c (allegro 3.9.34) and my
 newer version. How does things go on from here?

 I am not a subscriber of this list, I you have any questions you
 will have to mail me directly. Or you could just keep me in the Cc-field
 to let me know what's happening.

 / johan peitz

 [ d98peitz@xxxxxxxxxx ] [ http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d98peitz ]
 [ ICQ: 14672933 ] [ "Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."  ]