Re: [AD] Small patch

On 04 Jun 2001, Angelo Mottola <a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But a BeOS user could have an
> Allegro program running in truecolor over a truecolor desktop; what if he/she
> attempts to change the desktop depth to 8bit while the program is running?

Crash, IIRC..

> No, IMHO we must add truecolor->8bit conversion support to the common API.
> What do you think?

I don't think we need to vote on this :-)  I did post a message on
AD which outlined how Michael's truecolour -> 8bpp conversion code
works.  It's actually really simple.  (And if someone wrotes an asm
version of it, that'd be great! :-)

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tjaden/
NEONPHANCY (ne ON fan see), n.  A fluorescent light bulb struggling to