RE: [AD] 3 patches regarding unicode and buffer overfows (mostly)

> The file selector code already makes use of errno (ENOMEM for malloc
> failure, detection of disk errors via errno) but seems not to modify its
> return value accordingly. We could then change that.

The whole lot would need a rewrite from scratch. And with that,
set_gfx_mode,
update_dialog, and a few more. There are too many places where assumptions
are made. Unfortunately, it's not easy to change now. But it's possible to
make new entries, with the drawback that it spams the library, and Shawn was
always wary of bloat (which is a good think, mind you). Stuff like that was
most probably very well for DOS, but, like Windows, we're pulling loads of
old stuff we need compatibility with. And that is bad. I don't see it being
realistic to add a new version of everything that would need to be be
redone,
so if anyone has an idea ...

--
Lyrian