Re: [AD] HEADER_HACK

> I would like to propose another build "target" (like SCAN_EXPORT), but
> call it something like HEADER_HACK, it would looke something like this in
> alconfig.h:

I just modified the way the export definition file is generated. As all this
business is Windows specific, I got rid of the SCAN_EXPORT fake target (and
of the file alscanex.h) and instead added src/win/dllexp.c that serves as a
support for the preprocessing stage. I think you can easily tweak it to fit
your needs.

> HEADER_HACK could, theoritically, replace SCAN_EXPORT as a more general
> target name, except I think SCAN_EXPORT is used elsewhere to control the
> preprocessor.

Yes, you must always define SCAN_EXPORT when you're dealing with this header
business.

> I propose HEADER_HACK because it could be used by anyone
> else who comes along and decides they want to fiddle with the headers to
> generate something.

Add whatever option you want to dllexp.c (but ALLEGRO_VBAPI would be better
than HEADER_HACK...)

> This is the only new thing i've had to add to allegro to support my
> efforts to automatically generate a Microsoft Interface Definition
> Language file and a friendly wrapper DLL for use with Visual Basic.

How does it work ? With a script like fixdll.bat ?

> The other change was to some function arguments that are pointers to
> functions which were not defined using AL_METHOD().

Tell me exactly which functions, I'll fix them.

> I also found an extra semi-colon that gunked things up somewhere ^_^

Same thing.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx