Re: [AD] Unicode again

> While I agree with you that this behavior is inconsistent, I'd rather keep
> this inconsistency in Allegro's u* routines, and then add other entries
> for more self consistent routines as you proposed.

Ok, then we have to make a choice:

1. we keep the current behaviour of ustrncpy() (see my first message on the
topic) which doesn't match that of ANSI strncpy(), but is consistent with
that of ustrncat() which does match that of strncat() (my personal opinion:
hence we can conclude that the ANSI standard is inconsistent),

2. we make ustrncpy() comply with ANSI strncpy()'s behaviour (not appending
the terminal NULL-character), which is inconsistent with that of ustrncat(),
and we then need an additional ustrncopy() which behaves like in #1, because
the current ustrncpy() is used in many places throughout the library.

--
Eric Botcazou
ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx