RE: [AD] set_volume_per_voice() maximum volume

> Forgive my innocent remark, but why didn't you make a '1-4 voices'
> additional step corresponding to set_volume_per_voice(1) ?

It would break backward compatibility. The volume-per-voice behaviour if you
do not call set_volume_per_voice() is the same as it always has been, so it
wouldn't make sense to change it now. My patch only affects the meaning of
the parameter if you call the function. Besides, users who want it louder
for four voices can use the function ;-)

> >From what I've understood in reading the docs, the new level 1
> is safe for
> two centered samples and also for panned samples.

For one panned sample, or one on each side - yes.

> > I also did not alter the changes._tx file. You'll probably want
> to do that
>
> That's done by the 'release manager', thanks to CVS (and Perl I suppose).

OK. Is the patch committed?

Ben Davis