[AD] Allegro & VB + Small ? about fixdll.bat

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Bob wrote:

> If you run fixdll for any Windows port, it will create a file called
> alleg.def. This file will contain the list of all exported symbols in
> the DLL.

Unfortunately, I think my problem is a bit more troublesome than that.
However, I'm a lot more confident after reading fixdll.bat and finding out
some capabilities of cpp that I was not aware of.  I may be able to
automate the process after all.

Question.  How come fixdll.bat uses gcc -E -dD, the -dD option keeps
#defines in the output, but the following sed commands do not use the
#defines as far as I can tell.  I was not able to test it, but it seems to
me that if you removed the -dD option, it would work just as well.