Re: [AD] Internals (2)

On 15 May 2001, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> struct ALLEGRO_INTERNALS {
>    int *_textmode;
>    int *_sound_hq;
> };
> Peter, you were talking about alignment issues in a previous message on this
> topic, what did you mean exactly by that ?

I just thought that if someone compiled a program using X, but the
Allegro DLL was compiled with Y, X and Y might have different ideas
about the padding and alignment of fields in the `ALLEGRO_INTERNALS'
struct.  But since all the fields are pointers, there would probably
be no problems.  Besides, we provide access to the internals of
other structs, and there haven't been any problems.  So I shouldn't
have mentioned it in the first place :-)

BTW, you've got my vote.

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tjaden/
SPIBBLE (SPIB ul), n.  The metal barrier on a rotary phone that prevents