Re: [AD] About Elias' bug

> It depends on where the function is used. I remember posting some timing
> info which showed that my functions still run at 60% of the original in
> worst case (most fast blit() otherwise).

This time I tried to mix your approach and the current code. As a result, I
get almost no slowdown in normal conversion mode. Moreover, I used the
special loop structure to implement the KEEP_TRANS flag, so as a bonus the
code runs faster in several modes when compiled with GCC (15-20 % on my
machine). I don't think this will hurt other compilers... and GCC rules :-)

24->15                   normal  dither  keep  keep+dither
Allegro 3.9.37 CVS     43.4    19.1    n/a      n/a
patched                   43.2    15.1    21.7    14.8

15->24                   normal
Allegro 3.9.37 CVS      34.2
patched                    39.6

32->24                   normal