Re: [AD] I will rewrite... the web page :)

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 12:45:33AM +0200, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> Web mantainers should have cvs write access to the module (and therefore a
> shell account too), and would run a script whenever the contents of the
> site change. The script (being called from a makefile) updates the web
> page and ftp's it to other mirrors. I still don't know what to do with the
> demon site, but surely something can be done.

There's nothing that can be done about the Demon webspace AFAIK
-- I think Shawn has said that the uploading FTP site only
accepts connections from his own dialup account.  So his machine
is the only one which can upload to his webspace.

> > Yes, but you must refer to the CVS server as `cvs1', not
> > `cvs.allegro.sourceforge.net'.  I've done it before, anyway; I
> > think `cvs1' was the right thing to use.
>
> Oh, wait, I just checked and you can go to /home/groups/projectname/cvs
> and find everything there :)

No, I did that some time ago. :)  I was using the shell server
to generate CVS snapshot releases, including dependencies etc,
like really frequent WIPs.  I was going to put it in a cron job,
but it would be serious abuse of that machine, so I never did it
again.  Don't run `update.sh' (but feel free to have a look) --
it will try to do a zipup, to generate the dependencies.  Oh,
also, you won't be able to run that script, it'll ask for your
password -- you don't have my SSH private key there. :)  And
this means you also won't be able to do a `cvs update' from
there.

Still, looking at that checkout, the CVS root I used was indeed:

    gfoot@xxxxxxxxxx

I don't think this checkout is much use any more -- if you don't
object, I'll delete it.

George

--
Random project update: