RE: [AD] font vtable patch

> > in any case, the font vtables are still there.
> > i just checked back the diff she made, and their names didn't change.
> > but there are no such _imp_ prefix. i can't find _imp_ in the
> > allegro headers, so they probably arent't prepended by AL_VAR ...
>
> They are and that's why they are prepended by _imp__.
> They are required by AllegroGL to work so need to be exported by the dll.
>
> Currently the dll exports all the internal symbols; that's
> obviously not the
> best solution because external libraries can hook directly into Allegro
> internals and it's a pain not to break them (I just broke
> AllegroGL few days
> ago !).
>
> So Henrik and I are trying to cut down the list of exported symbols before
> the 4.0; the most simple solution is to put all the exported symbols into
> allegro.h, hence my demand.

oh, i see. i was suspecting some kind of name mangling :)
but since the patch did not change the definitions of the variables
not the file they're defined in, i can't see why it would break something
that was not. but i'm real tired :/ feel free to modify it as needed by
windows.

i'd be interested to know *where* the name mangling occurs though.
i can't see it in the allegro sources. is it done by msvc itself ?
i suspect the ugly __attribute__ ((dllimport)) thingie ...

--
Lyrian