Re: [AD] - Makefile problem

>George Foot wrote:
[location of `echo' utility]
>> DJGPP does. :)
>
>Can't find it in djdev203. I tried looking in other packages, but it's
>not there.

It's in the shell-utils package,
ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/mirrors/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/shl112b.zip

>[snip]
>> command.  Try "echo copy %1 %2 > copy.bat" and make again, to
>> see if this is going to work.
>
>Nope, doesn't work. But now it's a different error message:
>
>G:\MingW32\ALLEGRO>make install
>copy lib\mingw32\liballeg.a \mingw32\lib
>make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
>make: *** [/mingw32/lib/liballeg.a] Error 2

What happens if you type the command, exactly as it appears above, by
hand? Does the file lib\mingw32\liballeg.a actually exist?

ISTR that the issue of slashes being the wrong way around in MinGW32
compilation has come up before; does anybody remember how this was
solved? If this problem is recurring, is there any way we can change the
makefile to sort this out once and for all?

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx
                http://www.lwithers.demon.co.uk/