[AD] - Makefile problem

I'm getting a really strange error while trying to build the Mingw
version of Allegro under Win2k (sp1)

> make
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), echo Compiling Allegro for MINGW32,
optimised. Please
 wait..., ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make: *** [msg] Error 2

It looks to me like it's searching for echo.exe specifically, and won't
settle for the system echo. I tried looking for it in the Simtel ftp
site to no avail. Does anyone know which package contains the command
'echo'?

In any case, I found a work around. If I create a batch file called
'echo.bat' with the line 'echo %1 %2 %3... %9' in it, then the make
process works! (Should this be documented?)

Now the compilation stops at:
Compiling Allegro for MINGW32, optimised. Please wait...
make: *** No rule to make target `obj\mingw32\plugins.h', needed by
`obj/mingw32
/alleg/datedit.o'.  Stop.

This isn't right. There should be forward slashes in that path name.

I'm sorry but I'm no makefile expert (esp not in the Allegro makefile
mess :-)
Could someone post a patch for this?

--
- Robert J Ohannessian

"Microsoft code is probably O(n^20)" (My CS teacher)