RE: [AD] the "Allegro simple application makefile"

> Let's see if I get this straight... are you trying to make a universal
> makefile for everybody's
> projects? I don't think it's a good idea, since many projects uses others
> libs like libz or who
> knows, other compilation optimizations... for your project, write your
> makefile
> and i dont see vrey difficult to write for example
> gcc hello.c -lalleg :) (well, that for DJGPP)

Commenting on that only, not on Johan's suggestion:

writing a makefile is easy for simple projects, if you know how to do it.
writing a simple allegro program is easy, but there are still examples
in allegro/examples. When you need other libraries or other targets,
chances are that you are knowledgeable enough to build your own makefile.
i don't think Johan intended his makefile to be a 'one size fits all'
one, just a starter for people who don't know makefiles and who write
small projects.
in any case, even if it's not put in the lib, i think it could be done as
an add-on.

--
Lyrian