Re: [AD] X and pthreads

Angelo Mottola wrote:

I don't like the option to poll for incoming events from the programs; the
best solution seems to me to use pthreads, but how much portable is it? From
what you're saying, it seems it's not available on all type of Unices...

pthreads came already installed with my Mandrake 7.1 install, so I'll bet other distrobutions come with the user already having pthreads. I myself personally learned to use pthreads on both a Sun Solaris 7 and 8 system. The library also stands for "POSIX" threads... I think most unices support POSIX (all the ones I've seen have).

Gillius