RE: [AD] win directx Joystick driver

> I'm new to this list, and wanted to ask if there's a reason
> that the joystickdriver for win32 is not DirectX based -
> and if it's ok if I write a DirectX joystick driver.

i don't know why, but since Allegro has no limit on the number of drivers
it can use, this would probably be good, as a dx based driver is likely
to be able to cope with more hardware than others, since i doubt the other
api is updated as zealously by ms. and if it doesn't make it into allegro,
you can still quite easily use it for your own productions, or make it
available as an addon.
that said, i think it would be a welcome addition (unless the absence of
it had a tech reason, but i can't think of any).

--
Lyrian