Re: [AD] alert patch

>i think it is quite annoying, when you want to display an alertbox with only
>one line of text and the box's height is for three lines. So I made a little
>patch (attached) which allows to have 1, 2, or 3 lines of text (it checks
>whether text2 and/or text3 is NULL and resizes the alert dialog to have
>correct number of lines).

Actually, if you look on my web page at:

 http://www.lwithers.demon.co.uk/prog/allegro/more_gui/

you will find More GUI, a little add-on for Allegro which provides a few
new GUI procs, etc.

One of the things it provides is a word-wrapping d_text_proc, and from
that it derives alert_fmt() and alert_fmt3(); these are similar to
alert() and alert3() except that you use a printf()-style formatting
string and your dialog's text will automatically be word-wrapped.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx
                http://www.lwithers.demon.co.uk/