[AD] Windows Sound Problems

Okay people have been more or less avoiding my question since winallegro
merged into allegro...  When will Windows sound support be fixed/finished?
I'm wanting some mod support for my games and I will not put it in my game if
Windows cannot support it.

I've used JGMOD in DOS and nkmod in DOS and they both work perfectly yet in
windows with DIGI_AUTODETECT, DIGI_DIRECTAMX(0), and DIGI_WAVOUTID(0) they do
not work.  The digitest program in autodetect when I double click on play it
works, and the looping works but does not follow the loop cutoff points, and
every other function does absolutely nothing.

Using DIGI_DIRECTAMX(0) the test program will play the different samples but
the mod players act identically.  DIGI_WAVOUTID works identically on JGMOD as
well.  I don't want to use mods under Allegro because I don't want to lose the
Windows port and I don't want to use mods under third-party software because I
don't want to lose the Linux port.

Gillius