Re: [AD] Windows Sound Problems

Gillius wrote:

> Okay people have been more or less avoiding my question since winallegro
> merged into allegro...  When will Windows sound support be fixed/finished?

As soon as someone decides to do it. I don't think many AD people have
it as a high priority...

> Using DIGI_DIRECTAMX(0) the test program will play the different samples but
> the mod players act identically.  DIGI_WAVOUTID works identically on JGMOD as
> well.  I don't want to use mods under Allegro because I don't want to lose the
> Windows port and I don't want to use mods under third-party software because I
> don't want to lose the Linux port.

I use both JGMod (DOS/Linux) and MIDAS (windows) it's not too tricky.
But MOD support under windows would be great to have. I may have a look
at it in future, but have hardly any time to do so. Most things in
Allegro get fixed when someone (in this case you :) is bothered by it,
and then decides to fix it because noone else is. I think the timing in
JGMOD doesn't work too well under windows and maybe an update call in
the game loop would work better. Have a look yourself and try to fix it.
If you need specific info, email me rburrows@xxxxxxxxxx

(nb JGMOD works ok for me in windows bar some timing problems when
background stuff is running)