Re: [AD] changes to asm files

In message <002801c09771$1de1a680$7c8524d5@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Eric Botcazou" writes:
>> GNU assembler 19990818
>> Copyright 1997 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
>That's the same version as in the stock Mingw32 compiler.

So it's rather important that allegro builds with this version then.

>> If the features you're requiring aren't in this version of gas, then
>> anyone wanting to cross-compile a mingw allegro library will have
>> to roll their own cross-compiler and tool chain, which isn't a trivial
>> job.
>
>See my previous message: this version of Gas requires the '*' before
>indirect calls. Otherwise, it stops assembling.

Sorry, I'm not following this too well (too much is happening at once at the
moment).  Does adding the '*' break with newer versions of gas?  Or with
older ones?

If it breaks older versions, but works with newer ones, then we can just add
it and not worry too much (everyone should have an easy upgrade path).

There's also an issue with mmx support - this version of gas seems happy to
assemble mmxtest.s (which contains ".text" and "emms").

Were there any other gas issues?

Cheers,
Olly