Re: [AD] [AL] Build failure with Mingw32 and CVS

--- Olly Betts <olly@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <20itm92ung.fsf@xxxxxxxxxx>, Michael
> Bukin writes:
> >The following patch is dirty, but may fix this
> problem too (not
> >tested).
> >[...]
> >-	echo // no MMX > obj\mingw32\mmx.h
> >-	echo .text > obj\mingw32\mmxtest.s
> >-	echo emms >> obj\mingw32\mmxtest.s
> >+	cd obj
> >+	cd mingw32
> >+	echo // no MMX > mmx.h
> >[...]

I am using the cygwin make, as this comes with
sed,etc. that seem to be needed by the file. This part
of the file generally doesn't work for me, I find that
if I type make mmxtest CROSSCOMPILE=1 before anything
else, then the compolation gets further than it did
The other problem is the line:
obj/mingw32/mmx.h:
That comes after it, I had to turn the quotes around.
I've currently (almost) got a fully cygwin-compatable
makefile (I hope) at which point I'll see which
changes I had to make, although I'm not an expert in
these matters..

If anyone could help me, the compliation now dies at:
gcc -O -Wall -Wno-unused -I. -I./include -o
obj/mingw32/asmdef.exe src/i386/asmd
ef.c
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/TEMP/ccoe8uaM.o(.text+0x749):asmdef.c:
undefined reference t
o `_imp___iob'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
MAKE: *** [obj/mingw32/asmdef.exe] Error 1

Any ideas at what I'm doing wrong?