Re: [AD] [AL] Build failure with Mingw32 and CVS

Chris Jefferson <chris_jefferson2000@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am using the cygwin make, as this comes with
<snip>

DO NOT USE CYGWIN MAKE !!!! use mingw32 make.

this goes for all normal compilation of the library but you will have to
temporarily switch to another platform for doing make depend... djgpp, linux
or cygwin make+sed should work... but make depend is the only exception.

> If anyone could help me, the compliation now dies at:
> gcc -O -Wall -Wno-unused -I. -I./include -o
> obj/mingw32/asmdef.exe src/i386/asmd
> ef.c
> /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/TEMP/ccoe8uaM.o(.text+0x749):asmdef.c:
> undefined reference t
> o `_imp___iob'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> MAKE: *** [obj/mingw32/asmdef.exe] Error 1

cygwin fucks up... but what did you honestly expect when you mix programs
from different development platforms?

-henrik