Re: [AD] [AL] Mingw complation

In message <20itm6ll7c.fsf@xxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Bukin writes:
>The problem is when there is sh utility in the PATH.  Ming make will
>use it instead of command.com to execute programs and sh will
>interpret escape sequences (\) and treat # as a beginning of comment.
>
>Problem with backslashes can be solved by doubling them and it will
>not break compilation with command.com too.  Problem with # is harder,
>because DOS echo does not understand quoting.  We can echo without #,
>and change resulting file with sed, but this means everyone will need
>sed.

How about putting the hash into a make variable?  That won't depend on
whether sh or command.com is in use, and make won't try to interpret it as a
comment.  I mean something like this:

HASH := \#

rule:
        echo $(HASH)define SOMETHING_OR_OTHER > some\\file.h

(Can't test it on DOS/Windows; it works on Linux).

Cheers,
Olly