Re: [AD] cool idea

tom st denis wrote :

> Also I dunno if this is done yet, but what would be cool is to specify
> the "alpha"ness of POLYTYPE_*_TRANS in the 'c' part of the vertices....

> Anyways, the rasterizers are really cool from P3D (keep em comming
> there are alot not done yet).

Well, there is already many rendering modes in Allegro and adding a new
one is quite messy (one routine per color depth + one z-buffered version
per color depth + C version of the 10 previous ASM functions = 20
functions each time we add *one* rasterizer). I definitely agree it is
time to add your "cool idea" to the lib :

> How about making allegro able to use custom rasterizers?  That way we
> can add our own very easily.  I.e have a function int
> poly3d_addrasterizer(void (*myrast(void)); Where this returns a token
> that can be used to call it at render time.

This is probably the best way to handle new rendering modes now. So far,
3D rendering routines represent ~150-200kb into the lib !!! That's
enough. If your idea is added to Allegro, new rasterizers can be added
via your lib (or anyone else's lib).

	Bertrand.