RE: [AD] GFX_SAFE under Windows

> under Windows; as Windows is a windowed OS (!), it would be more
> consistent
> to use the GFX_DIRECTX_WIN windowed driver instead of the fullscreen one;
> the windowed driver is now quite complete (asm color conversion
> from and to
> every color depth, MMX optimizations if supported) and, with a slight
> modification, will work on every graphic card.

i would agree with that. on the other hand, i think a mode that is required
for windows itself to work is 640x480x8, so this one ought to be the safe
one
for fullscreen mode, if you choose to keep such a thing (safe+fullscreen).
I'm baffled that 320x200x8 wouldn't work though, this is one of the most
easy
modes to setup, and is supported by every VGA compliant card.
OK, OK, I know there are many non VGA compliant cards that call themselves
VGA compliant anyway ... :/

--
Lyrian