Re: [AD] 3.9.34 release date? (args)

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Olly Betts wrote:

> >argv ending with NULL is in POSIX standard (derived from Unix and
> >implemented by its clones and also Windows NT claims to follow it) and
> >this convention is widely used.
>
> It's actually part of the ANSI/ISO C standard.

Is C standard available somewhere on the web? I have only some kind of
"retold" standard in the form of book and it mixes C and C++ standards and
is focused mainly on libraries. It seems to me that ISO wants money to pay
for it, but pages of all standard organizations I browsed (ISO, ANSI, VESA
and many more) are hell, so it's possible I missed something.

> I have heard that some pre-ANSI C compilers didn't set argv[argc] to NULL
> but Allegro really should.

Yes, it should.

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh