Re: [AD] cvs tree

Sven Sandberg <ssven.geo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The only possibility to get rid of those warnings
> under djgpp seems to be making the makefile aware of
> some sort of CROSS_MAKE_DEPEND variable which switches
> between defining and not defining DJGPP on the command
> line, although I would think that's an overkill.

on the contrary i think it is a good idea since it gets rid of a lot of
warnings... should i make the change? it's only four lines per makefile and
one line for each makefile in the zipup script as far as i can tell.

> >   and then it stopped, because obj/djgpp/alleg,
> obj/djgpp/alld and
> >   obj/djgpp/allp directories hadnt been created,
> after making these
> >   manually the "make depend" produced .dep files but
> still
> >   showed all those warnings above, everything
> compiled fine :)
>
> Would it be a good thing to create targets for those
> directories in the makefile? I.e. something like:
<snip>
> Then we wouldn't even need to create tmpfile.txts in
> the distributions.
>
> Should I make a patch for this? (It'd need to be done
> for the other ports as well.)

no, it's better to add some temporary files than putting unneccessary stuff
in the makefiles...

-henrik