Re: [AD] cvs tree

anarko wrote:
>   i ranned fixdjgpp as normal
>   and then a "make depend", this produced some tons
of
>   these warnings:
>
> *Initialization*:1: warning: this is the location of
the previous
> definition
> *Initialization*:1: warning: `DJGPP' redefined

This is because the C macro DJGPP is first explicitly
defined by the makefile on the gcc command line and
then implicitly by the compiler. I don't think there's
anything we can do about it, since without this you
would not be able to generate the dependencies for
DJGPP from other platforms, which is required by the
zipup.sh script to run. I looked in the gcc help for
flags to turn off this warning, but couln't find any.
The only possibility to get rid of those warnings
under djgpp seems to be making the makefile aware of
some sort of CROSS_MAKE_DEPEND variable which switches
between defining and not defining DJGPP on the command
line, although I would think that's an overkill.

>   and then it stopped, because obj/djgpp/alleg,
obj/djgpp/alld and
>   obj/djgpp/allp directories hadnt been created,
after making these
>   manually the "make depend" produced .dep files but
still
>   showed all those warnings above, everything
compiled fine :)

Would it be a good thing to create targets for those
directories in the makefile? I.e. something like:

obj:
	mkdir $@
obj/djgpp:
	mkdir $@
obj/djgpp/allp:
	mkdir $@
obj/djgpp/alld:
	mkdir $@
obj/djgpp/alleg:
	mkdir $@

Then we wouldn't even need to create tmpfile.txts in
the distributions.

Should I make a patch for this? (It'd need to be done
for the other ports as well.)

Sven