RE: [AD] Small demo fix

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Jason Wilkins wrote:

> My whole point is that GFX_SAFE is not supposed to return, because thats
> not the way it was designed.  You call it when your reponse would be to
> shutdown the application immediately.

Yes, but where's the freedom to decide HOW to shutdown the application? :)

> What is the point of GFX_SAFE if not that?  Why is it better than
> GFX_AUTODETECT?

GFX_SAFE will try other resolutions and color depths if the requested one
cannot be set, failing presumably if there's no chance of getting ANY
screen resolution, GFX_AUTODETECT trys only the requested resolution and
doesn't change the color depth.

Consider GFX_AUTODETECT as a wrapper for all the possible graphic drivers,
and GFX_SAFE for that and several usual resolutions known to work on most
systems.

 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx - http://gradha.infierno.org
 Other web pages:  http://glub.ehu.es/  -  http://welcome.to/gogosoftware/