Re: [AD] Allegro 3.9.34 WIP release

"Henrik Stokseth" <hstokset@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Stephan Roh wrote:
>
> > Ah, sorry. I probably missed mail about new WIP (if any).  In that case it
> > seems to me that someone forgot to run make depend before release.
>
> that's probably a good idea yes, but the user should *always* run make
> depend after running the configure script since dependancies on the unix
> build afaik. changes depending on what configuration options are used.

It was not necessary by the initial design.  Now it may be different.
If list of included files does not change after running configure
script, it is not necessary to regenerate dependencies.  Dependencies
for Unix version are generated by shells script which handle
'#include "..."' and '#include SOME_DEFINE' and they do not care if
there are missing system headers.

--
Michael Bukin