Re: [AD] new dependencies

>since it's of no use to carry around generated files in the repository
>i'd therefore like to get rid of them once and for all. it would also be
>a good idea to let the makefiles quit with an error if makefile.dep is
>non-existant. i.e. remove the minus sign in front of include
>$(OBJ_DIR)/makefile.dep.

I see you have done this. However, since you also removed the
$(OBJ_DIR)/makefile.dep files, the build falls over when you try to make
anything, including `make depend'!

So you will most likely need to replace the minus sign. Or you could
test if `depend' was the target of the make command and, if so, not
include the dependency file.

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx