Re: [AD] Linux displays

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 12:24:58PM +1000, Mike Fahlbusch wrote:
> The last atatement appears to limit the screen size to 80 pixels or more.  Can I just change w < 80 and h < 80 to something like w < 1 and h < 1?

I don't know whether there are any reasons smaller sizes won't work.

> When I run compile and run a program which works fine under MSW it seems to work ok (apart from the window size problem) but the colors of either my program or other programs are messed up.  This also happens if I run allegro/examples/ex3d and select X display.  How do I stop the colors from changing when I move the cursor about?  It's not practical to run this program in full screen mode.

Your X server is running in 8bpp mode; what you're seeing is the
palette getting changed to suit the application the cursor is
pointing at.  Most applications will be nice and cooperate with
each other over this, using a shared palette, but Allegro asks
to have its own palette which it can modify as much as it likes,
so you see the palette changes.  I don't know how Windows works
in 8bpp modes.

George