Re: [AD] Mouse (DOS and WINDOWS) patches

On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 01:34:03PM +0100, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > Yes, you are right. I didn't checked that piece of code.
> > sorry...
>
> One question remains: why did Shawn choose his solution and not yours ?

IIRC: because the resolution of the returned coordinates is
(often/always?) in 8-pixel jumps.  Before the mickey driver,
this was the only way to get pixel accuracy in reading the
mouse.  But this scaling business meant that some drivers,
especialy Logitech IIRC, couldn't give very fast movement; I
think that's where the mickey driver came from, since it is much
lower level and bypasses the silly 8 pixel jumps and doesn't
need a huge range to be set.

George

--
Random project update: