Re: [AD] Color depth selection in grabber

>> The patch I have submitted changes this behaviour so that the grabber
>> first tries GFX_AUTODETECT with 32,24,16,15, then 8 bpp, and then tries
>> GFX_SAFE, which seems more logical to me.
>
>I prefer having only GFX_SAFE. Anyway, isn't it possible to override the
>behaviour with switches? Or via allegro.cfg (at least for the driver)?

Yes, you can override the behaviour with a switch, but I see no way of
doing this from allegro.cfg. I could change the card selected (in my
case, I would add a line `gfx_card = GFX_VESA2L'); but there is no way
to specify the color depth that GFX_SAFE uses. So I would be stuck with
8bpp or typing `grabber -bpp 8' (or whatever) :-(

A solution would be to add a few options to allegro.cfg to specify the
card, bpp, width and height that you get when GFX_SAFE is requested: for
instance:

gfx_safe_card = GFX_VESA2L
gfx_safe_bpp = 32
gfx_safe_w = 1024
gfx_safe_h = 768

would be my choice. This could be customisable by the setup utility.
Does this make sense?

Bye for now,
--
Laurence Withers, lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx