Re: [AD] Allegro & ALSA 0.6+?

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <gradha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Tom Fjellstrom wrote:
> > I just got the latest cvs versions of
> > Allegro and ALSA and was wondering if
> > anyone has any plans to make the alsa
> > digital sound driver work with ALSA
> > 0.6.*?

I won't be doing it, unless no one volunteers.  (My laptop is still
using ALSA 0.4.x (newer versions and OSS trip up a bug somewhere and
hangs the system :-( )).  At any rate, we should not upgrade the
driver in the tree until ALSA 0.6.x is out proper.

> Huh?! I downloaded alsa a few days ago, and got version 0.5.10... And
> those work form me without problems (although I don't know if they are
> using native code or oss emulation, how could I check this?)

`exstream.c' will tell you what driver you are using, or do you mean
something else?

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/tjaden/
BLEEMUS (BLEE mus), n.  The disgusting film on the top of soups and cocoa