Re: [AD] Allegro & ALSA 0.6+?

Peter Wang wrote:

> Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <gradha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Tom Fjellstrom wrote:
> > > I just got the latest cvs versions of
> > > Allegro and ALSA and was wondering if
> > > anyone has any plans to make the alsa
> > > digital sound driver work with ALSA
> > > 0.6.*?
>
> I won't be doing it, unless no one volunteers.  (My laptop is still
> using ALSA 0.4.x (newer versions and OSS trip up a bug somewhere and
> hangs the system :-( )).  At any rate, we should not upgrade the
> driver in the tree until ALSA 0.6.x is out proper.

If I have enough time I'll do it. What I'm suggesting is to #ifdef
in the few places that are needed. So there isn't 2 separate ALSA
drivers. I've already got a patch for the alsa rawmidi driver
but allegro won't compile now that I have ALSA 0.6.x installed.

> > Huh?! I downloaded alsa a few days ago, and got version 0.5.10... And
> > those work form me without problems (although I don't know if they are
> > using native code or oss emulation, how could I check this?)
>
> `exstream.c' will tell you what driver you are using, or do you mean
> something else?

I think he means 'Where the heck do I find alsa 0.6.x???'
you have to get it from ALSA's CVS server. ALSA's CVS server
info is somewhere at http://www.alsa-project.org/download.php3

--
Tom Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx