Re: [AD] Another GFX_SAFE patch, now the demo

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Peter Wang wrote:
> I was reading the patch, and just thought that this was much too
> much work to be doing just to load the graphics.  `demo.c' is
> already hard enough to read, so I think we should just force it to
> run in 8 bpp modes or abort.  OTOH, it'd be a waste of your work.

I agree :) It's nice that at least it lead to some hypothetic new datafile
conversion routines. I will take a deeper look at that when I end with the
examples.

> How about a convenience function to convert just one bitmap?
> `convert_datafile_graphics' could be a wrapper (very liberal
> pseudo-code follows):

You've had lately way too much Python :)

> [pseudo-code]
> Editing datafile properties is a pain, but that's a tool problem :-)
> Anyway, just thinking out aloud.

Yes, that's exactly what I was meaning: if there was a function which
could convert such datafiles with different palettes, updating demo would
be a matter of a few lines, controlling which bitmap/sprite uses which
palette.

Oh, I am sending now a simple cosmetic change for the examples using
gfx_mode_select_ex, which makes the selection dialog more 'intelligent'
when you are running them at 1024x768x16 :)

 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha@xxxxxxxxxx - http://gradha.infierno.org
 Other web pages:  http://glub.ehu.es/  -  http://welcome.to/gogosoftware/