Re: [AD] Windows mouse

> Now, there are 2 solutions to the problem of slow at fullscreen:
> do you think we should
> 1) add this last part to the actual DirectInput driver used in full screen

I think we should keep the mouse driver as simple as possible.

> 2) should we use GetCursorPos to get the mouse cursor pos and
> SystemParametersInfo to change the speed and then restore it when
> switching out?

I'm not very fond of mixing DirectInput and WinUI, so I think we should stay
with a DirectInput only driver for the fullscreen mode.
That's why I don't like very much your previous patch (wmouse.dif), which
ends up with completely bypassing DirectInput.
What about rather using a DOS-like approach ? I mean internally scaling up
the DirectInput output data according to the screen resolution.

> Also, in windowed mode:
> should the mouse speed be able to change in that mode?
> seems right that when you select a region and you get out of it it
> restores the windows cursor no matter if you are out of the
>allegro mouse region BUT still inside the allegro window?

I think the main goal for the windowed driver is seamless integration into
the Windows desktop; so the simplest choice seems to wisely use the WinUI
mouse driver and it means disallowing speed change.

--
Eric Botcazou (ebotcazou@xxxxxxxxxx)
Web Site: http://www.multimania.com/ebotcazou