Re: [AD] ugetx() constness patch and new font subsystem

Laurence Withers <lwithers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The patch for ugetx() const-correctness has not yet been applied, and I
> have a new patch - a rewrite of the font subsystem. A quick summary:

Did anyone have a problem with this?  I'm assuming the only
compatibility problems are with programs that touch the FONT
structure directly.

>  - could somebody please reformat it? I still haven't figured out
>    Allegro's system...

ahack._tx explains it pretty well.

(I wrote more, but it got a bit silly so I put it here:

   http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tjaden/dev/allegrostyle.txt
)

> And a quick note: If you create a font which has glyphs of different
> heights, using the current Allegro system, text_height() may return the
> wrong height (it returns the height of the first glyph in the first
> range). My patch doesn't change this behaviour. Should I fix it?

How would it be fixed?  Go through the entire range and find the
maximum height?  Would that be slow?  How often do glyphs have
different heights?

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/tjaden/
SCADINK (SKA dink), n.  The annoying buildup of ink on the end of a