Re: [AD] About rtf documentation.

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <gradha@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I've just noted that rtf documentation needs a space character before
> newline to avoid sticking words together. This means that my last patch
> adding a few lines to makefile targets will come wrong in the rtf
> version, because my lines lack a terminating space character.
>
> Do you know if this character can be automatically added by some script?

I think it would be better for the RTF output generation to insert the
spaces: it's pretty flakey for it to assume that the input file will
always be formatted exactly like that :-)

> Or how did Shawn manage to write so much documentation without forgetting
> a single space character where needed? Because they are put where needed,
> not at the end of lines starting with @ or ending with a dot. :-?

That's how the wordwrap works in FED: if a line has a trailing space, it
will wrap between it and the next line, but if there is no space on the
end, it treats this as a hard break and will never wrap words off the end
of this line onto the beginning of the next. So things automatically end
up formatted like that if I just type them in using the wordwrap, and if
the spaces ever get messed up, I would notice very quickly because
wordwrap would stop working properly.

--
Shawn Hargreaves - shawn@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/
"A binary is barely software: it's more like hardware on a floppy disk."