Re: [AD] BeOS gfx

Jason Wilkins <fenix@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My big question is:  Doesn't the BeDirectWindow give you direct access to
> the windows video memory?  Does the pointer to this memory change
> everytime you acquire it?

It gives you a pointer directly into the screen buffer (fairly sure
it is the window origin).  If the window gets moved then obviously
the pointer changes.  If the user switches away then you can't draw.
You also have to deal with dirty rectangles, in case another window
overlaps.  I think that answers your question.

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/tjaden/
YORANGE (YAWR anj), n.  Those disgusting white threads that hang from an