Re: [AD] Menu auto-opening

Angelo Mottola <a.mottola@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've made this small patch for the gui.c file, that adds menu auto opening once
> you leave the cursor over an item which points to a sub-menu, for more than 1
> second. It's just an experiment, but I'd like if someone could try it out and
> see if it should be applied to the official lib release...

I tried it out and it's kind of cool, however, I think there are
some problems with the patch as it stands.

1. Submenus can open any time between zero and one seconds after the
pointer touches it.

2. Submenus should open only in reaction to the mouse moving over
it, then stopping.

Test case: Place the mouse pointer over where a submenu item *would*
be if a top-level menu was open, then open the top-level menu with
its accelerator key.  The submenu should not auto open, but does.

Test case: Open a submenu, then go back up to the parent using the
keyboard.  Wait a bit and it will open again, but it shouldn't.

Therefore I'm not too sure about this feature.  It seems like a lot
of work and code to get this working "right", and it's not something
that I would really use anyway (why wait when you can click? :-)

--
tjaden@xxxxxxxxxx - http://www.psynet.net/tjaden/
LAMINITES (LAM in itz), n.  Those strange people who show up in the photo